- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 6 green plantains, whole or cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Bragg’s liquid aminos, or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 vegan bouillon cubes
- 3 cups water
- Salt to taste
In a large saucepan, heat avocado oil over medium-high heat.
Add chopped onion and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until they are soft.
Add garlic, tomatoes, and red bell pepper. Cook for 3 more minutes or until the tomatoes are soft.
Add tomato paste and mix well.
Next, add green plantains, carrots, vegan bouillon cubes, Bragg’s liquid aminos, onion powder, garlic powder, and mix well.
Pour in water and bring the stew to a boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 20 minutes until the plantains are tender.
Season with salt and serve.