Black bean stew ??
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained (but not rinsed)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
Heat the oil in a large skillet or pot over medium high heat.
Add the onion, garlic, celery, carrot, and red pepper.
Cook covered for about 5 to 6 minutes, occasionally stirring.
Add the cumin and tomatoes. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the beans, orange juice and orange zest.
Cover and let simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the broth has thickened into a nice stew.