- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 lb. spinach fresh chopped
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 1/4 cup yellow split peas
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon turmeric
- 2 Tablespoons rice flour
- 3 tangerines juice and zest of two of them.
- 1 handful parsley fresh chopped finely
- 1 handful cilantro fresh chopped finely
- plain yogurt for topping
Rinse the split peas and soak overnight in a bowl of water
The next day, bring the chicken stock to a boil in a large pot.
Add in the drained peas and simmer covered for about 20 minutes, Add in more water if necessary.
Saute the onions with the butter in a frying pan until translucent. Add in turmeric and stir over low heat for a minute.
Mix rice flour in 1/2 cup of cold water then add the onions and mix. Pour the mixutre into the chicken broth and stir.
Add the chopped spinach and herbs and zest of the tangerines and the juice from all three.
Cook for another 15 minutes on low heat stirring occasionally.
Serve in bowls and top with a dollop of plain yogurt.