- 1.5 kg (3 1/3 pounds) chicken cut into pieces
- 250 grams (1 1/4 cups) rice
- 1 large onion
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon red pepper sauce
- Pepper (to taste)
- Coriander (to taste)
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
Place the olive oil, the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces and the chopped onion in a saucepan and cook over low heat until the tomato start to break down, stirring occasionally. Add the chicken and season with salt, pepper, nutmeg, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper sauce and white wine. Stir and cook for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the rice and season with a little more salt. Stir, pour the water (enough water to completely cover the mixture) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for more 10 to 12 minutes.
Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.