- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 strips bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 small Brazilian sausage, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup finely diced white onion
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup finely chopped green olives
- ½ tbsp. kosher salt
- 2 ½ cups yuca flour
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
1. Place oil in a heavy skillet and heat.
2. Add chopped bacon and sausage and cook for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
3. Add diced onions to pan and cook for 4-5 minutes until translucent.
4. Add butter, green olives and salt and mix until butter starts to melt. Turn heat to low.
5. Add yuca flour and mix all ingredients well. Cook, stirring constantly for 4-5 minutes until toasted.
6. Remove from heat and mix in chopped parsley.
7. Allow to cool at room temperature.
8. Serve as an accompaniment to Brazilian Feijoada.