- 1whole chicken 4 to 5 pounds skin on, cut into medium pieces
- 2 medium onions
- 2 green onion
- 1 fresh red or green peppers
- 4 to matoes
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic puree
- 1 fresh sprig thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 Tablespoon chicken bouillon or more optional
- 1 whole habenero pepper optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees F
Trim chicken of excess fat and pat dry with a cloth or paper napkin and salt , place in the Dutch oven
You may season chicken with garlic , ginger , thyme, paprika, green onions , chicken bouillon and onions. At at least 2 hours or preferably overnight in the fridge for optimal flavor.
Slice tomatoes, onion, green onions and green pepper.
Combine all the ingredients in a Dutch oven or any oven safe pot and stir until everything is fully combine
Cover it with its lid.
Place in the often and shake the pot once or twice during cooking without opening the pot.
Bake for about 1 hour until chicken is tender depending on which chicken you use and how you like your chicken.
Serve with atieke or white rice