- 1,000g / 2.2 lbs beef, bone-in (I used chuck shoulder)
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4 bay leaves
- 1-2 cups of water, or enough to cover the meat
- Season the meat with salt and pepper, and place it in the slow cooker; add bay leaves and water and cook on high for 4–5 hours.
- Check on the meat after 4 hours. If it falls off the bone easily, it’s about done. If it’s still clinging to the bone, give it some more time.
- When cooked, remove the meat from the slow cooker and let it cool to room temperature.
- Using a mortar and pestle, pound the meat down until it resembles pulled or shredded beef. If you do not have a mortar and pestle, you can pull the meat apart with two forks until it’s fully shredded.