Sukuma Wiki ??
- 1 kale bunch or collard greens
- 1-2 cups chopped or ground beef/chicken optional
- 3 medium tomatoes diced
- 1-2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 large white onion
- 2 or more tablespoons canola or cooking oil
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon curry or turmeric spice
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper or more
- ½ juiced Lemon about 1 tablespoon
- Tablespoon bouillon powder or cube
In a medium- large skillet, add oil, onions, and garlic, and sauté, for about 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent any burns.
Then add, tomatoes , curry, coriander and paprika, and continue stirring with a heavy wooden spoon, about 2 minutes.
Add minced meat, bouillon powder; stir until ingredients have been thoroughly combine. Simmer for about 5 minutes or more. Throw in chopped collards, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, Continue cooking for another 5-10 minutes until flavors have blend and greens are cooked, according to preference. Adjust seasonings –Salt and pepper, turn off the heat.
Remove from the heat and let it cool. SERVE WITH UGALI.